- 2-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces, 14-inch x 9-inch sheet size) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- SWISS CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the ham, broccoli and mozzarella cheese. In a small bowl, beat eggs; stir in the cream, basil, pepper, Italian seasoning if desired and cayenne. Stir into ham mixture; set aside.
- On a work surface, carefully remove one sheet of phyllo dough and fold in thirds lengthwise (keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out). Lightly brush phyllo strip with butter. Place a rounded tablespoonful of filling in lower right corner of strip. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, then fold over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you come to the end of the strip.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and filling. Place triangles on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with butter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth; add milk and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in Swiss cheese until melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve with triangles. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Broccoli Triangles in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p16
Reviews for Ham 'n' Broccoli Triangles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2011
"It's an absolute family favorite. I make it every holiday and family gatherings"