Ham 'n' Broccoli Triangles Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces, 14-inch x 9-inch sheet size) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- SWISS CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the ham, broccoli and mozzarella cheese. In a small bowl, beat eggs; stir in the cream, basil, pepper, Italian seasoning if desired and cayenne. Stir into ham mixture; set aside.
- On a work surface, carefully remove one sheet of phyllo dough and fold in thirds lengthwise (keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out). Lightly brush phyllo strip with butter. Place a rounded tablespoonful of filling in lower right corner of strip. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, then fold over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you come to the end of the strip.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and filling. Place triangles on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with butter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth; add milk and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in Swiss cheese until melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve with triangles. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Broccoli Triangles in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p16
Reviews for Ham 'n' Broccoli Triangles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2011
"It's an absolute family favorite. I make it every holiday and family gatherings"