Ham 'n' Broccoli Hash
From Truro, Nova Scotia, Brenda Ruse offers this skillet dish that's nice for brunch or as a light supper. "I like to serve it with rolls and butter," she notes.
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, ham and salt. In a large nonstick
- skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potato mixture and
- flatten with a spatula.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with broccoli. Cover and cook
- 6-8 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned,
- stirring occasionally. Serve immediately. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 cups) equals 361 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,263 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein.