From Truro, Nova Scotia, Brenda Ruse offers this skillet dish that's nice for brunch or as a light supper. "I like to serve it with rolls and butter," she notes.
Recommended: 30 Better-for-You Breakfasts
- 4 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, ham and salt. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potato mixture and flatten with a spatula.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with broccoli. Cover and cook 6-8 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'N' Broccoli Hash in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p12
Reviews for Ham 'n' Broccoli Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2015
"Pretty good, The Potatoes O'Brien have onions and bell pepper in them"
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2013
"Great way to give new life to leftover ham."
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2010
"Yes, but I would definitely add onion and maybe some cheese."