- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons diced green onions
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 6 to 8 French or Italian sandwich rolls (5 to 6 inches), split
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Place bottom halves of rolls on a baking sheet; spread about 1/4 cup ham mixture on each. Sprinkle each with 2-3 tablespoons cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace the roll tops. broil 1 minute longer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Egg Salad Subs in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p44
Reviews for Ham 'n' Egg Salad Subs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2012
"I've made this recipe many times, and have really enjoyed it. The green pepper kicks it up a notch from just a regular egg salad."