Ham, Beef and Bacon Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef, browned and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) butter beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 cups tomato juice, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine beef, bacon, ham, beans, onion, mixed vegetables, broth, soup, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired. If a thinner soup is preferred, stir in tomato juice. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Ham, Beef and Bacon Soup in Country Ground Beef 1993, p23
Reviews for Ham, Beef and Bacon Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2008
I loved this recipe. I did customize it by adding a smidge of brown sugar along with the white sugar. The results were delicious!
A hearty recipe my whole family loved and it is now a part of my menu.