- 3/4 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute the ham, onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Add the next seven ingredients; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add peas and cook for 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Stir in parsley. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Ham, Bean and Potato Soup
Sort By :
"My husband and I enjoyed this delicious soup, it has great flavor, This will be a go to recipe for ham and bean soup. Thank You."
"Mmm, mmm, mmm......talk about home cookin'!!!!!! This soup had a wonderful authenticity to it's flavor! I slow cooked a ham bone in the crockpot for about 8-10 hrs. with the rest of the ingredients except I substituted kale for the peas and added one bay leaf. Wow! Simply delicious!"
"This soup is delicious. I double the recipe."
"husband and I enjoyed"
"Great flavor. My husband isn't a huge fan of beans, but he really enjoyed this. I was in a hurry, so I only added the potatoes for the veggies, and had extra ham so put that in too. I also left out the butter and used chicken bullion cubes to make broth."