- 3/4 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute the ham, onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Add the next seven ingredients; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add peas and cook for 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Stir in parsley. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Ham, Bean and Potato Soup
Sort By :
Easy, quick and so delicious. You can cut back on the sodium by using low sodium chicken broth.
Great flavor. My husband isn't a huge fan of beans, but he really enjoyed this. I was in a hurry, so I only added the potatoes for the veggies, and had extra ham so put that in too. I also left out the butter and used chicken bullion cubes to make broth.
It's a winner! It is easy to make and delicious tasting. Thanks.
I double the recipe and add cubed turkey. Great Soup!!!