If you like stuffed mushrooms, you’ll want to try these. Bits of ham, apple and toasted pecans combine for a sweet-and-savory filling that’s unusual but surprisingly delicious.
- 34 medium fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium Gala apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham steak
- 1/2 cup French bread baguette crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms, and finely chop stems. In a large bowl, toss mushroom caps with olive oil to coat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushroom stems, apple and shallot in butter until tender. Stir in the ham, bread crumbs, pecans, parsley, mustard and pepper; heat through.
- Stuff into mushroom caps. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 34 stuffed mushrooms.
Originally published as Ham- and Apple-Stuffed Mushrooms in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p18
Reviews for Ham- and Apple-Stuffed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review