I strongly believe dinner should be three things: healthy, delicious and simple. With fresh zucchini, ham and marinara sauce baked with mozzarella, you can accomplish all three in the time it takes to describe the dish to a grateful family. —Madison Mayberry, Ames, Iowa
- 3 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound smoked deli ham, cut into strips
- 1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, saute zucchini in oil until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper.
- Place half of the zucchini in a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Layer with half of the ham, marinara sauce and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Zucchini Italiano in Taste of Home February/March 2012, p52
Reviews for Ham & Zucchini Italiano
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review