Ham & Zucchini Italiano Recipe
- 3 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound smoked deli ham, cut into strips
- 1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, saute zucchini in oil until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper.
- Place half of the zucchini in a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Layer with half of the ham, marinara sauce and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ham & Zucchini Italiano
Sort By :
My mother-in-law introduced this meal to us and we loved it! To make it a bit more filling we added rotini noodles into the dish. We also use yellow squash with the zucchini because they work so together (and our garden runneth over!) In the end, we always have enough to make a 9x13 dish instead. Delish!!
It's a smiple dish you can dress up with other things like mushrooms. It was great!
Have made it many times and enjoy itwith crusty bread for a light fall meal!
This has a light feel to it for dinner, but tastes good. Definitely a summer dish!
For some reason, mine came out tasting like a barnyard. That was the exact smell. I had to rate it a two star because I am not sure if it was the recipe or just the age of the cheese I used or the my own frozen zucchini. It does have an interesting mix of ingredients, but mine was just yuk.