- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cook broccoli and cauliflower according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt 2 teaspoons butter. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from heat.
- In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses until blended. Stir in ham, pepper and vegetables.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with toasted crumbs. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ham & Veggie Casserole
"Good. Used frozen Normandy Blend veggies and added 1/4 tsp garlic powder as well as Italian seasoning."
"I really liked this. The only change I made was adding some rice.Very filling and easy to make."
"My family really liked this hearty casserole. I used the frozen California blend veggies instead of just broccoli and cauliflower and the carrots in that blend were a good addition, I thought. We really enjoyed the dish and it was a great way to use up some leftover Easter ham."
"I am in agreement that it needs more seasoning perhaps garlic."
"I thought this casserole was good. I did add some Italian Seasoning. Veggies were not too over done for me."
"The frozen vegetables were a little mushy; I might try starting with fresh veg next time."
"Nice, good sauce. Needs spices, more than the pepper, maybe garlic, rosemary....whatever you,like with ham."