Every year, on Easter morning, the youth group at my church makes a scrumptious brunch and this recipe is always included. You can experiment with the amount of cheese. My family says the cheesier the better!
Recommended: Ham and Cheese Recipes
- 12 cups cubed French bread (about 11 ounces)
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of each of the following: bread, ham, cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour over layers. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. In a small bowl, combine cornflakes and melted butter; sprinkle over strata. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Two-Cheese Strata in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p149
Reviews for Ham & Two-Cheese Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review