The youth group at my church makes a scrumptious brunch every year on Easter morning. This strata is always part of the spread. Feel free to change the amount of cheese. In our family, the cheesier the better! —Devin Wisman, Plymouth, Wisconsin
Recommended: Ham and Cheese Recipes
- 12 cups cubed French bread (about 11 ounces)
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of each of the following: bread, ham, cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour over layers. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. In a small bowl, combine cornflakes and melted butter; sprinkle over strata. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Two-Cheese Strata in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p149
Reviews for Ham & Two-Cheese Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review