The buttery crunch of croissants goes perfectly with the smooth Swiss and tender eggs. Breakfast for a crew doesn't get much easier than this!—Kathy Harding, Richmond, Missouri
- 16 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 ounces sliced deli ham, chopped
- 4 croissants, torn into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and nutmeg. Sprinkle cheese and ham into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish or pan; pour in egg mixture. Sprinkle croissant pieces over top.
- Bake, uncovered, until puffed and golden brown, about 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle with chives. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake as directed. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Swiss Egg Casserole in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2016, p23
Reviews for Ham & Swiss Egg Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review