Ham & Sweet Potato Packets
I can my own peaches, so I love making this recipe, shares Janet Ernsbarger of Salina, Kansas. Add a simple salad for a delicious rounded out meal.
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 individual boneless fully cooked ham steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 canned peach halves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place each ham steak on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about
- 12 in. square). Layer with potato and peach halves. Sprinkle with
- brown sugar; dot with butter. Fold foil around mixture and seal
- tightly. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and potato
- is tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 packet (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 437 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 1,875 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer