Ham & Sweet Potato Packets
I can my own peaches, so I love making this recipe, shares Janet Ernsbarger of Salina, Kansas. Add a simple salad for a delicious rounded out meal.
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 individual boneless fully cooked ham steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 canned peach halves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place each ham steak on a double thickness
- of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Layer with potato and
- peach halves. Sprinkle with brown sugar; dot with butter. Fold foil
- around mixture and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until heated through and potato is tender. Open
- foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 packet (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 437 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 1,875 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer