Ham & Sweet Potato Packets Recipe
I can my own peaches, so I love making this recipe, shares Janet Ernsbarger of Salina, Kansas. Add a simple salad for a delicious rounded out meal.
- 2 individual boneless fully cooked ham steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 canned peach halves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place each ham steak on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Layer with potato and peach halves. Sprinkle with brown sugar; dot with butter. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and potato is tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Sweet Potato Packets in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p45
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham & Sweet Potato Packets(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2009
This is fantastic for those nights you don't want to cook dinner. I sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon on the sweet potatoes. Fantastic!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Ham Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >