Ham & Sweet Potato Kabobs for 2 Recipe
I like to serve these kabobs with a green salad for an easy, thrifty meal. The buttery, brown sugar marinade highlights everything on the skewer. —Sandra Hill, Wilson, New York
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 pound fully cooked boneless ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into 3/4-in. slices
- 1 large apple, cubed
- 1. Place sweet potato in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and reserved juice. Place the ham, squash, apples, sweet potato and pineapple in a large resealable plastic bag; add the juice mixture. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the ham, sweet potato, squash, apples and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 kabobs.
2 each: 377 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 6g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Ham & Sweet Potato Kabobs for 2
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC