- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 pound fully cooked boneless ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 yellow summer squash, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 large apples, cubed
- Place sweet potato in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and reserved juice. Place the ham, squash, apples, sweet potato and pineapple in a large resealable plastic bag; add the juice mixture. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the ham, sweet potato, squash, apples and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 kabobs.
Originally published as Ham & Sweet Potato Kabobs in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p54
Reviews for Ham & Sweet Potato Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 21, 2009
"Excellent dish. I used fresh pineapple and cooked it all in a grill basket and served it over yellow rice. We will definitely make this again!"