Ham & Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo
This quick Alfredo dish seems decadent and special. No one will guess it’s prepared with just five ingredients! Sun-dried tomatoes add an elegant touch. Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute
- tomatoes for 1 minute. Reduce heat; stir in cream and cheese. Bring
- to a gentle boil over medium heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-7
- minutes or until thickened.
- Drain linguine; stir into sauce mixture. Add ham; heat through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 523 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.