- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, ham, spinach and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ham & Spinach Couscous(5)
Sort By :
Very good. Did use more vegetables.
This would also be great for brunch. Being from the South, we love our grits, and the couscous is so similar.
this looks really good, we love couscous. Will add some bullion to the boing water for added flavor.
couscous just doesn't seem to have any flavor, needs more spices.
This was incredibly easy and quick - perfect for a busy weeknight meal for my husband and I. I used pre-cooked chicken instead of ham, and added a little bit of italian seasoning in addition to the garlic. I will definitely add this to my list of good "last minute" meals.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >