Ham & Potato Salad Sandwiches
These little sandwiches with zingy toppings are super simple to pull together. This classic version originated in a deli in Prague, where they're a really popular winter party food. —Cara McDonald, Winter Park, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups deli potato salad
- 6 diagonally cut French bread baguette slices (1/2 inch thick)
- 6 ounces fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 6 slices tomato
- 12 dill pickle slices
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- Spread 1/4 cup potato salad on each baguette slice. Layer with ham,
- tomato, pickle, egg and onion. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 open-faced sandwich equals 229 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 821 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.