For a twist on the usual holiday fare, we turn ham and pineapple into juicy kabobs. The marinade gets its zip from hoisin, teriyaki and soy sauces. —Chandra Lane-Sirois, Kansas City, Missouri
Featured In: 24 Low-Carb Christmas Recipes
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 pounds fully cooked boneless ham, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-in. cubes (about 4 cups)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add ham; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain ham, reserving marinade. For glaze, pour marinade into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, on 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread ham and pineapple; place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Brush with glaze. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Pineapple Kabobs in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016
Reviews for Ham & Pineapple Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review