Ham & Noodle Bake Recipe
Bored by leftovers? Time to stir things up! Toss extra cooked ham, Mexican cheese and green chilies into a rich sauce. With oodles of noodles and lots of crunch, it’s a party for your mouth. —Glenda Watts, Tacoma, Washington
- 5-2/3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cups cubed Heavenly Citrus Ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the ham, cheese, soup, peas, sour cream, chilies, cream and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Drain noodles. Add noodles and half of the onions to ham mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle remaining onions over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 876 calories, 49 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 160 mg cholesterol, 1,838 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC