Ham & Mango Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed, divided
- 1/4 pound thick sliced deli ham, cut into 1/2-in. strips
- 6 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas, butter side down, on a griddle. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup cheese, 3 tablespoons mango, 1/4 cup ham and 1 teaspoon cilantro. Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
- 2. Combine the salsa and remaining mango and cilantro; serve with quesadillas. Garnish with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 quesadilla with 1/4 cup salsa (calculated without sour cream) equals 459 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 1,018 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.