- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed, divided
- 1/4 pound thick sliced deli ham, cut into 1/2-in. strips
- 6 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Sour cream, optional
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas, butter side down, on a griddle. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup cheese, 3 tablespoons mango, 1/4 cup ham and 1 teaspoon cilantro. Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
- Combine the salsa and remaining mango and cilantro; serve with quesadillas. Garnish with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ham & Mango Quesadillas
"We loved it! I think salsa inside the tortilla works fine and peach or pineapple for the mango would probably be great too!"
"The whole family liked it. I made a homemade mango salsa. I cut down some on the cilantro. I also cut out buttering the tortillas. Otherwise, I loved the salty ham with the sweet mango. This recipe would be easy to alter: peaches instead of mango, chicken instead of ham... quesadillas are very versatile."
"Instead of ham, which is too salty for heart patients, I used roasted chicken diced. It was to die for...!"
"Absolutely delicious, and a refreshing change from the typical chicken or beef quesadillas. The mango is definitely the key ingredient (my store-bought salsa was instantly transformed!) and I am a huge cilantro fan. Two thumbs up, TOH!"
"My family found the combination of cheese and ham too salty."