I created this salad at the request of all the men in our house. They asked for something tangy, sweet, spicy and manly. This fit the bill. —Patricia Swart, Galloway, New Jersey
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices deli ham (about 6 ounces), cut into strips
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 cups torn romaine
- In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Stir in ham, mandarin oranges, celery, walnuts and green onions. Serve on romaine, tossing before serving if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Mandarin Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2015, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ham & Mandarin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2015
"Excellent.I added spinach, shredded swiss cheese and poppy seeds just because."