Ham & Gruyere Mini Quiches Recipe
By making this in muffin cups, each person gets their own quiche. I have also doubled the recipe and used jumbo muffin cups and I then bake about 10 minutes longer.—Gena Stout, Ravenden, Arkansas
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; fold in Gruyere cheese, ham and onions. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- 2. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 10 mini quiches.
1 mini quiche equals 144 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC