Ham & Gruyere Mini Quiches
By making this in muffin cups, each person gets their own quiche. I have also doubled the recipe and used jumbo muffin cups and I then bake about 10 minutes longer.—Gena Stout, Ravenden, Arkansas
10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven
- ingredients; fold in Gruyere cheese, ham and onions. Fill greased
- muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: 10 mini quiches.
Nutritional Facts: 1 mini quiche equals 144 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling