Any excuse to have feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette is a good one! We pile this Italian-inspired omelet with tomatoes for a great get-started breakfast. —Brittany Beus, College Station, TX
Recommended: 21 Breakfast Sandwiches Ready in 30 Minutes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 slices deli ham, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinaigrette
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, green onion, milk and seasonings until blended. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edge.
- As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, top one side with cheese and ham.
- Fold omelet in half; cut into two portions. Slide onto plates; top with tomato. Drizzle with vinaigrette before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Feta Omelet in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ham & Feta Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2016
"I made this today for lunch, cut the recipe in half because it was just me, and I am very impressed! Quick, easy and very tasty"