Ham & Egg Pita Pockets
A hearty, hand-held breakfast is just the thing when we're "scrambling" to get out the door in the morning. I created these fun-filled pockets when my husband and kids were running late to school one day. Now my kids ask for these even when we don't have to be somewhere in a hurry. —Sue Olsen, Fremont, California
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked or plain paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 slice deli ham, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk egg whites, egg, paprika and pepper
- until blended; stir in ham, green onion and cheese. Microwave,
- covered, on high for 1 minute. Stir; cook on high 30-60 seconds
- longer or until almost set. Serve in pitas. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 2 filled pita halves equals 323 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 231 mg cholesterol, 769 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.