Ham & Egg Pita Pockets Recipe
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked or plain paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 slice deli ham, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk egg whites, egg, paprika and pepper until blended; stir in ham, green onion and cheese. Microwave, covered, on high for 1 minute. Stir; cook on high 30-60 seconds longer or until almost set. Serve in pitas. Yield: 1 serving.
2 filled pita halves: 323 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 231mg cholesterol, 769mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.