Ham & Corn Chowder Recipe
Generous amounts of corn, ham and potato turn this into a fast favorite. —Marion St. Jean, Homosassa, Florida
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced potatoes, drained
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and/or paprika, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine soup and milk. Heat through, stirring frequently. Stir in the corn, ham, onion and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes; heat through. Garnish with sour cream, cheese and/or paprika if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without garnishes) equals 202 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 909 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Ham & Corn Chowder
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC