These hearty potatoes are fully loaded. They can be changed up a zillion different ways, but this is my favorite, featuring three kinds of cheese plus cream cheese and cottage cheese. —Kathleen Gill, Pahrump, Nevada
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup cubed deli ham
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large skillet, saute the ham, onion, celery and red pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Set aside. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with cream cheese, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in the ham mixture, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, milk and Parmesan cheese. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Cheese Stuffed Potatoes in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p33
Reviews for Ham & Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review