This frittata is a nice change of pace from traditional scrambled eggs. Plus, it looks so pretty on a buffet table. —Ivy Abbadessa, Laxahatchee, Florida
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper or green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the ham, red pepper and onion until ham is lightly browned and vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese and pepper; pour over ham mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are almost set, broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1 minute or until top is set. Top with tomatoes and cheddar cheese. Broil 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham And Cheese Frittata in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ham & Cheese Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review