Ham & Cheese Casseroles Recipe
“I got this recipe from my mother and love it because it’s easy and I’ve usually got the ingredients on hand," says Jan Schoshke of Brookville, Kansas. "Also, it freezes well and I can have it handy when extra guests show up. Everyone always likes it; there are never leftovers.”
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked egg noodles
- 3 pounds cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ham, soup, beans and milk. Drain pasta; pour over ham mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
Drizzle each with butter; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casseroles; cover and freeze up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 4-45 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
1-1/3 cups equals 470 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,786 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC