“I got this recipe from my mother and love it because it’s easy and I’ve usually got the ingredients on hand," says Jan Schoshke of Brookville, Kansas. "Also, it freezes well and I can have it handy when extra guests show up. Everyone always likes it; there are never leftovers.”
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked egg noodles
- 3 pounds cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ham, soup, beans and milk. Drain pasta; pour over ham mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
Drizzle each with butter; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casseroles; cover and freeze up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 4-45 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Originally published as Ham & Cheese Casseroles in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p18
Reviews for Ham & Cheese Casseroles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review