- Preheat oven to 375°. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work
- surface. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp
- towel to prevent it from drying out.) Brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons bread crumbs. Fold in half lengthwise;
- brush again with butter. Spoon 1/2 cup filling onto phyllo about 2
- in. from a short side. Fold side and edges over filling and roll up.
- Brush with butter. Repeat. Place on a greased baking sheet; sprinkle
- each with 1 teaspoon cheese and 1 teaspoon parsley. Bake 10-15
- minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Freeze option: After topping strudels with cheese and parsley, freeze unbaked on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a freezer container; return to freezer. To use, bake strudels as directed, increasing time to 30-35 minutes or until heated through and golden brown.
Nutritional Facts: 1 strudel equals 439 calories, 33 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 255 mg cholesterol, 754 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.