Ever since we began making these muffins, they have been a huge hit with family and friends. They are simple to make, are tasty warm or cold and never stay around for long.—Laura Newcomer, Bowdoin, Maine
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper. In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in ham, cheese and onion.
- Fill greased or foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 20 muffins.
Originally published as Ham & Cheese Breakfast Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Ham & Cheese Breakfast Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2015
"These were not very good. They had no flavor. We tried slathering them in butter but they were still bad. The texture is more like a biscuit than a muffin. I'm not sure what you could add to give this recipe some flavor."