Ham & Cheese Bites Recipe
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 pound white cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound yellow cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 9 slices deli ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. Cut bread into 1-in. cubes; place cut side up on a baking sheet. Brush tops with oil. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- 2. Combine apple butter and mustard; spread over toast. Layer with cheeses and ham. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 100 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 high-fat meat, 1/2 starch.