Ham & Broccoli Pasta
It's hard to beat creating a meal in one pan that takes less than 30 minutes to pull together and one you know your kids will actually thank you for making. Sounds like a keeper in my book. —Jana Cathey, Ada, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta (12 ounces)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding
- broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain.
- In same pan, combine remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium
- heat until heated through and cream cheese is melted. Return pasta
- mixture to pan and toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 452 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 1,135 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.