There's nothing quite like my comfy strata made with Brie, ham and mushrooms. Put it together and bake it now, or hold it overnight to pop into the oven tomorrow. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Recommended: Extra-Special Recipes for Breakfast in Bed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups (about 8 ounces) cubed day-old French bread
- 2 cups cubed deli ham
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and onion is tender. Add spinach and garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Add bread, ham and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over bread. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked strata, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 375°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, as directed. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Brie Strata in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2015, p6
Reviews for Ham & Brie Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review