Growing up, I loved pocket pastries. Now with a busy family, I need quick bites, and my spin on the classic ham and cheese delivers at snack or supper time. —Jennifer Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
Featured In: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 4 slices deli ham, quartered
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 16 pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll pastry to a 12-in. square; cut into sixteen 3-in. squares. Place 1 teaspoon preserves in center of each square; top with ham, folding as necessary, and cheese. Overlap two opposite corners of pastry over filling; pinch tightly to seal.
Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan 5 minutes before serving.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat pastries on a baking sheet in a preheated 400° oven until heated through. Yield: 16 pastries.
Originally published as Ham & Brie Pastries in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham & Brie Pastries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review