Ham & Asparagus Puff Pancake Recipe
Turn any morning into a special occasion by serving this fluffy and flavorful puff pancake filled with hearty ham and tender asparagus.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 pound (1-1/2 cups) chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; place in a 425° oven for 3-4 minutes or until melted. In a bowl, beat the flour, eggs, milk, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour the mixture into prepared skillet. Bake at 425° for 22-25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, cook ham and asparagus in melted butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream, lemon juice and pepper sauce.
- Spoon into center of puff pancake. Sprinkle with cheese. Cut into wedges; serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Asparagus Puff Pancake in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2007, p29
Reviews for Ham & Asparagus Puff Pancake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2011
This has become one of our family favorites, and gotten us to eat asparagus! I leave out the hot pepper sauce, but still a wonderful lemony sauce.