Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 thin slices apple
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1. Combine mustard and honey; spread 2 tablespoons mixture over two bread slices. Layer with ham, apple and cheese. Spread remaining bread with remaining mustard mixture; place on top. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- 2. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat butter) equals 537 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,738 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.