- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 thin slices apple
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Combine mustard and honey; spread 2 tablespoons mixture over two bread slices. Layer with ham, apple and cheese. Spread remaining bread with remaining mustard mixture; place on top. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
"Yummy! My husband was pleasantly surprised that the apples in the sandwich tasted good. Even my boys commented that I was "having a great cooking day". lol ...I used a Granny Smith apple, and raisin bread. DELISH!!"
"So much flavor for a sandwich that is so simple to prepare!!"
"Such a delicious change from your typical grilled cheese! The honey mustard was so tasty and the apples weren't strong at all - mild and perfect. MM. But I think if you added caramelized onions, it would wreck this sandwich."
"I would caramelize onions and then brown the apples with them to put on the sandwich before grilling"
"This was so refreshing, a nice change to an old standby!"