Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 thin slices apple
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Combine mustard and honey; spread 2 tablespoons mixture over two bread slices. Layer with ham, apple and cheese. Spread remaining bread with remaining mustard mixture; place on top. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwiches(5)
Sort By :
Yummy! My husband was pleasantly surprised that the apples in the sandwich tasted good. Even my boys commented that I was "having a great cooking day". lol ...I used a Granny Smith apple, and raisin bread. DELISH!!
So much flavor for a sandwich that is so simple to prepare!!
Such a delicious change from your typical grilled cheese! The honey mustard was so tasty and the apples weren't strong at all - mild and perfect. MM. But I think if you added caramelized onions, it would wreck this sandwich.
I would caramelize onions and then brown the apples with them to put on the sandwich before grilling
This was so refreshing, a nice change to an old standby!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grilled Cheese >
- Ham Recipes >