- 24 ice cream sugar cones
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting
- 24 chocolate wafers
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/4 teaspoon orange paste food coloring
- 12 green apple Jolly Rancher Chews, halved
- Purple nonpareils
- Cover the top of a 10-in. fluted tube pan with a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Using a skewer or paring knife, poke 12 holes in the foil, making one hole in the center and eleven holes around it, about 2-1/2 in. apart. Gently insert a cone in each hole, leaving the top 1 in. of cone above the foil.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Spoon 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon batter into each cone. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining cones and additional batter. Use remaining batter to bake cupcakes.
- Spread 1 teaspoon chocolate frosting onto the center of each chocolate wafer. Top with cone, cake side down.
- In a large bowl, beat vanilla frosting and food coloring. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #45 round tip. Fill bag with orange frosting. Pipe around cone rims; attach candies for buckles. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting; sprinkle with nonpareils. Yield: 24 witch hats and 11 cupcakes.
Originally published as Halloween Witch Hats in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p90
Reviews for Halloween Witch Hats(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Cakes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Halloween Cakes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >