Halloween Witch Hats Recipe
- 24 ice cream sugar cones
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting
- 24 chocolate wafers
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/4 teaspoon orange paste food coloring
- 12 green apple Jolly Rancher Chews, halved
- Purple nonpareils
- 1. Cover the top of a 10-in. fluted tube pan with a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Using a skewer or paring knife, poke 12 holes in the foil, making one hole in the center and eleven holes around it, about 2-1/2 in. apart. Gently insert a cone in each hole, leaving the top 1 in. of cone above the foil.
- 2. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Spoon 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon batter into each cone. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 3. Repeat with remaining cones and additional batter. Use remaining batter to bake cupcakes.
- 4. Spread 1 teaspoon chocolate frosting onto the center of each chocolate wafer. Top with cone, cake side down.
- 5. In a large bowl, beat vanilla frosting and food coloring. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #45 round tip. Fill bag with orange frosting. Pipe around cone rims; attach candies for buckles. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting; sprinkle with nonpareils. Yield: 24 witch hats and 11 cupcakes.
1 serving: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Halloween Witch Hats
"Very cute! Not very tasteful. My family found them to be dry and unflavorful."