Halloween Tuna Cheese Melts
Adult and little goblins alike are sure to enjoy these easy, cheesy sandwiches at your next Halloween party.Bernadine Dirmeyer, Harpster, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 slices light rye bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 1 thin slice green pepper
- With a 2-in. pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter, cut a pumpkin from the
- center of four slices of bread (discard cutouts or save for another
- use). Butter one side of bread; place buttered side up on a greased
- baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly
- Butter one side of remaining solid slices of bread. In a large bowl,
- combine the tuna, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic salt. Spread
- over unbuttered side of solid bread; top with cheese. Place on
- baking sheet.
- Place cutout bread slices over cheese; press down gently. Cut green
- pepper into small pieces; place on cheese for pumpkin stems. Bake
- 5-8 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.