Halloween Tuna Cheese Melts Recipe
Adult and little goblins alike are sure to enjoy these easy, cheesy sandwiches at your next Halloween party.—Bernadine Dirmeyer, Harpster, Ohio
- 8 slices light rye bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 1 thin slice green pepper
- 1. With a 2-in. pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter, cut a pumpkin from the center of four slices of bread (discard cutouts or save for another use). Butter one side of bread; place buttered side up on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Butter one side of remaining solid slices of bread. In a large bowl, combine the tuna, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic salt. Spread over unbuttered side of solid bread; top with cheese. Place on baking sheet.
- 3. Place cutout bread slices over cheese; press down gently. Cut green pepper into small pieces; place on cheese for pumpkin stems. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC