Halloween Punch Recipe
Fitting right into October fun is the suitably orange-colored sipper from Sue Thomas. "To serve it in an extra-festive way," she pens from Casa Grande, Arizona, "I'll often put the punch bowl inside a hollowed-out-pumpkin."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:20-24 servings
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 carton (64 ounces) orange juice
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- 1 quart orange sherbet
- 1. In a saucepan, bring 1 cup of pineapple juice to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool; transfer to a large pitcher or container. Add orange juice and remaining pineapple juice. Chill. Just before serving, pour into a punch bowl; add ginger ale and mix well. Top with scoops of sherbet. Yield: 20-24 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 132 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC