Halloween Pumpkin Bars Recipe
My family loves the warm pumpkin fragrance that wafts through our kitchen on cool fall afternoons when I make these bars. Jack-o'-lantern faces only add to the festive fall flavor. —Karla Johnson, East Helena, Montana
- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- Yellow and red food coloring
- 70 pieces candy corn
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Tint frosting orange with yellow and red food coloring. Frost bars; cut into 35 squares. For eyes, place two pieces of candy corn on each bar.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Pipe dots on candy corn for pupils; decorate faces as desired. Yield: 35 bars.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC