Halloween Poke Cake
This cute cake will make your favorite trick-or-treaters smile with delight when you serve it on Halloween. The moist marble cake features a buttery frosting and fun candy pumpkins on top. Out of pumpkin candies? Add candy corn instead. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12-15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 package fudge marble cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 to 15 candy pumpkins
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold
- water. With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake about 2
- in. apart. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream butter until fluffy. Beat in the
- confectioners' sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread
- over cake; top with candy pumpkins. Cover and refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.