Halloween Poke Cake Recipe
This cute cake will make your favorite trick-or-treaters smile with delight when you serve it on Halloween. The moist marble cake features a buttery frosting and fun candy pumpkins on top. Out of pumpkin candies? Add candy corn instead. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package fudge marble cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 to 15 candy pumpkins
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- 2. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake about 2 in. apart. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, cream butter until fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over cake; top with candy pumpkins. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC