Halloween Party Mix Recipe
"This colorful snack mix has a light coating that also makes it perfect for gatherings," notes field editor Jeanette Urbom of Overland Park, Kansas.
- 1 package (11 ounces) pretzels
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature peanut butter filled butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (10 ounces) M&M's
- 1 package (18-1/2 ounces) candy corn
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, crackers and peanuts. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). Pour over pretzel mixture and stir until coated.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Break apart while warm. Toss with M&M's and candy corn. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 4 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 562 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 92 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC