- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 8 ounces white candy coating
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 to 4 drops orange paste food coloring
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil; butter foil and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and 1 cup milk on high for 30 seconds; stir. Repeat until mixture is smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating with remaining milk; stir until smooth. Stir in extract and food coloring. Spread over chocolate layer.
- Chill for 1 hour or until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from pan. Cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Reviews for Halloween Layered Fudge
Sort By :
"Embarrassed to admit I actually had a little trouble with this. The top layer was quite thin and really hard to spread on the fudge layer. The 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk had very little left in it after I used the 1 cup for the bottom. I used vanilla candy coating and melted it in the microwave. Did I over-heat it? Under-heat it? Help! (It is tasty)"
"I am thinking of making for Christmas using red and cherry extract in place of the orange."
"The orange extract is a nice touch."
"Did not get this recipe made for Halloween. Used cinnamon flavoring. Next time I will use more the 1/4 tsp extra. I also want to try rum extract."
"super sweet! but kids loved it"